Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Don't fret the small stuff

I just found out that Ryan Dunn passed away this morning. Ryan Dunn was part of the Jackass crew, he did crazy stunts along Bam Margera, Johnny Knoxville, and many other people. I found out from a tweet by my sister. I then googled him to find out exactly what happened. As I was looking online, I noticed that so many people were bad mouthing him. Apparently a couple hours before Ryan Dunn had tweeted a picture of him and his friends with alcohol. Now I'm not surprised alcohol was involved, but everyone was bad mouthing him for drinking and driving. I know it's a horrible horrible thing, but honestly bad mouthing the dead? That's just rude and mean. Ryan Dunn and all the Jackass men have always been known to always be drinking alcohol. Now that I think about it, it happens any time a famous person dies. Why do people feel the need to criticize other peoples mistakes they made? Nobodies perfect, including celebrities. Everyone makes mistakes whether it's posting nude pictures online, drinking while driving, or even wearing their shirt inside out. Not every mistake we make should go under fire like that of every celebrity.

Now I know that not everybody is under fire like that of celebrities, but we all feel the same flames as they do. We all are under some sort of flame, whether it's from our parents, friends, boss, or boyfriend/girlfriend. You make a mistake and society just hits you right in the stomach with it. But as the saying goes, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When society punches you in the gut, you just have to punch back. Don't give into what everyone is saying.

In your journal write about a mistake that you've made that got some heat from your friends and family. What happened after you heard their criticism? Did you ignore it or take it to heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment